Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Built A House. Sort Of. (Reprise)

After watching the premier of the Hurston family episode on “Extreme Makeover” I just wanted to say a little something.

I cannot believe how fortunate I am I have taken part in helping, even in the smallest of ways, to build a house for such a deserving family. In this case deserving isn’t even an adequate word. Normally I get teary watching a regular episode – alright, I’ve balled my eyes out a couple of times – but this time was different.

This time I had a general idea, design wise, how the house would look completed and even watched a blurry grand reveal on-line. In effect I’d already seen an all-inclusive preview that would ordinarily spoil the TV viewing experience. But still, even with the editing and behind-the-scenes action, I hadn’t imagined the impact on the family. Or the impact the Hurston’s will have on many more worthy people.

Every single bit counts.

1 comment: